Skip to content

Why Recruitment in The IP Industry is Different

Date: Aug 29, 2014
Details:

Intellectual property recruitment is a very small, niche market. Qualifying as a Chartered Patent Attorney or European Patent Attorney comes after a successful academic career from degree probably through to PhD; candidates then go through a rigorous training and examination process to qualify as a ‘specialist’ attorney.

Probably in the region of 100-130 attorneys qualify each year as opposed to many hundreds of solicitors, this therefore means it is very much a sellers’ market with attorneys in high demand; a targeted search and headhunt approach is needed where specialist IP recruitment firms are proactive in putting the opportunity in front of candidates. Advertisements and working from a limited candidate database may only reach 20% of the market; headhunting can reach the other 80% of relevant candidates.

Clients require candidates who are technically and commercially of an extremely high calibre and these candidates need informing of a new and hopefully better opportunity via a knowledgeable and personable approach. Whilst in other industries professionals generally actively seek new opportunities this tends to not be so much the case in IP, hence the need for a unique and targeted approach.

Marlow IP understands the nature of IP recruitment based on an experienced and educated team who appreciate the complexities of the intellectual property market.


return

Think Opportunities

Current vacancies

View all current positions available »

Think International

Working together

Learn More »

Think Integrity

Marlow IP
Integrity Charter

View the Integrity Charter »

Contact Us

Harrogate - 01423 522 838

London - 0203 051 2123

Marlow IP Recruitment Ltd
19 East Parade
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
HG1 5LF

Marlow IP Recruitment location map

Marlow IP Recruitment Ltd
20-22 Wenlock Rd
London
N1 7GU

Marlow IP Recruitment location map
ITMAecta